Monday, November 16, 2009

Trying To Absorb Emptiness

My soft ear phones finally conked in
now plastic things are burrowing into
my ears, most ineffective, falling out
hurting my ears, the new bump on my
head is throbbing

Bumped my head on the steel girders
of the bed, now I resemble Frankenstein’s
servant monster, my mind shrunk to a pin-
point of light refusing to light up my dreary
document

I merit the services of a paid assassin to put
an end to my misspent life, paid to do the work
of the brain-dead without spirit or soul, but my
brain keeps firing neurons filled with fire and
life, bursting with ideas

I am a life-long convict on death row at my
bureaucratic desk, doing my best to look
mental death in the eye without flinching
or running away, my mind ran off today,
the empty shell that is me

Cannot keep my light-seeking eyes on the
light-destroying words in the papers pertly
parading in front of me, my back hurts –
I am a psychosomatic wreck, a soldier in
the trenches trying to absorb emptiness!

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...