Monday, January 18, 2010

French Conversation Class

*Watching Top Gun in French, though I can
barely follow in English, sub-titles switched
on to read what I can’t catch verbally

Preparing for French Conversation Class on
Wednesday, difficult to understand another
language, not my mother tongue

A challenge, the music of French following dif-
ferent rhythms, my ears not accustomed to
nasal sound any more

I like the aeroplanes, but the main characters’
childish intrigues make me wonder whether
“Le Pont de la rivière Kwai”

Would not be the better choice, we listened to
the army orchestra playing the theme music
beautifully when Général Baruku

And his minions were here…

*

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...