Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Sourcery à la Prachett

*
Mist covering the earth, everything enveloped
in soft bluish grey, my little unwillingness to
confront the day changed into total inability
to remain anchored in time, since I cannot
abide my own consciousness, immersing
myself in Sourcery

Rincewind the Wizzard who cannot spell, dis-
covered the library of Unseen University
had been burnt down while Conina, the
daughter of Conan the Barbarian, is
traveling within the genie’s magic
lamp, Rincewind

Took the flying carpet himself, this alternative
universe is patently absurd, it offers respite
from my own unbearable thoughts, that I
cannot master the life I have created my-
self by making choices, awareness in-
sists on changes

I don’t know how the required changes may be
wrought, all my plans have come to naught
yet I cannot reconcile myself to living this
life, there must be tigers out there that
must be fought, there must be adven-
tures waiting to be experienced

I will sit here in calm contemplation
until the time comes to go off
and fight my foes…

“Sourcery - A Discworld Novel” Terry Pratchett
Corgi Edition, 1995
*

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...