Saturday, January 30, 2010

An Embezzlement

*
One of my biggest moral failings
except for boredom, is a fixation
on beauty and wonderful ideas
when reading enchanting poems
like ‘You Are Beautiful’
I appropriate it

I suppose it is a kind of fraud, an
embezzlement, I appropriate all
beautiful expressions and play
AS IF it were for me, I KNOW
poets write about people
they know

BUT I still play the game ‘Wouldn’t
it be wonderful if this were for me?’
I know it is impossible, I don’t know
any poets, yet I STILL play the game
I LOVE your poem, irrespective for
whom it was meant

It added to the fount of beauty and
enchantment in the world – and it is
wonderful – thank you
*

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...