Monday, January 25, 2010

Twilight Zone, No Golden Hues

*
Caught in the twilight zone again, misty
opaque, grey, the area between happy
and sad, at the threshold of depression
watching coils of despair writhing about

No excitement today, no accomplishment
no golden hues, no challenges that inspire
no important conversations, my tempera-
ment thrives on explosions of feeling

When life flows evenly, when I make the
perfect list, I feel listless, a world of lists
is exceptionally meaningless, partaking
in successful bureaucracy

Has a negative effect on me, surely my
lawlessness will cause problems tomor-
row, peaceful inner harmony would
bore me to death, I think…
*

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...