Friday, January 29, 2010

Sun Kissed

*
I am South African, a child of wide
blue skies and bright golden sun,
love wearing a hat, know the risk
of suffering sunburn

For a week now we have been
without blue skies, the sky dove-
grey, flecked with darker patches
I am shrivelling up

I need my sun, without him, I am
depressed, tearful, uncertain of
my step; I love the magical
quality of misty landscapes

But cannot cope with such Keltic
beauty for more than a few days,
I need the sun to burn down on
me, shimmering in joy

I feel threatened, abandoned and
alone without the sun, need to feel
the sun caressing my skin to know
I am alive, need a sapphire sky

And dappled emerald trees, sunbeams
dancing for me, without sunbeam rain-
bows, dust swirling in golden spirals
and silver summer mornings

When the sun greets me with the brightest
kiss; we are banished to the dungeon
dimensions and the dementors
are sucking all the happiness

Out of us, I need to feel the sun
to be me…
*

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...