Thursday, January 14, 2010

A Thousand Million Words

*I am not resigned as yet, my spirit is
a fire-spewing dragon in me, my heart
an exploding volcano, every time an
order is given at the office, my blood
starts to boil, I am not ready for this
cannot open the boring document

Cannot look away from my own visions
cannot reconcile myself with being a cog
in the wheel of life, burning to follow
Rincewind’s adventures where the Red
Army is rising from the earth, where
adventure and excitement call

Sitting immobile, looking at the greyness
of routine requires mental suicide and I
am not strong enough yet to snuff out
my own spirit, douse the fires burning
in my heart, let the lava flows cool so
I can look bureaucracy in the eye

My eyes are still focused in another
dimension in another universe where
creative endeavour is worth
a thousand million words
*

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...