Thursday, January 28, 2010

Huurrrr Haarrrr Harrumph

*
Arc welding makes some people grumpy
as if they were not grumpy enough to begin
with, we should film them while grumping
about life, harrump, harrumph…

They complain “Terry Pratchett makes millions
out of stereotypy, you fell into the groove of
adulation because it is a lot of fun”

Anything that is THIS much fun is good, I prefer
laughing to crying, laughing people are much
better fun, love grumpy old complainers
with a lot better grace

I like the way stereotypes warm the heart and
make the world shine while others keep saying
self-satisfied “I am full of imperfections, if I
wasn't I'd go looking for them

I sense there is no such thing as perfection, just
another tier or waft of resonance, I don't kid
myself anymore”

I like the striving for perfection, reaching for a form
of perfection given the starting point, realizing it is
but a stage on the spiral, the next thing will be
another stage, ad infinitum

I now know the goal is not to be reached, it is
simply set to entice us to go forwards, all goal-
posts keep moving so that we keep changing
without reaching finality, the process is the fun

Perfection means dead - there is no such form
of dead, I reach for fun and energy and joy,
ideals are just there to lend spice to life

Of course you are imperfect, otherwise I could
not like you and you can complain something
awful, it makes me feel ever so much better

Do complain some more, you do it uncommonly
well, just like a big bad bear with toothache, "Harr,
hrrr hurrr, all these awful people and me with my
vodka and lime and nobody using their brains and
where’s my granddaughter?"

Have a nice day, huurrrr haarrrr harrumph to you to!
*

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...