Monday, January 18, 2010

High Ideals And Admirable Deeds

*“It doesn’t matter who a person is or
what a person looks like, so long as
a person is loved. You are loved” *

Do you know you are loved, does this
make a difference to your soul? Shall
I tell you again - you are so very much
loved, you mean so much to me, the
qualities that might estrange you from
other people, make me rejoice

Though I quarrel with you, it’s because
I suspect you are able to do so much
more than the lesser endowed, I ex-
pect so much more from you, more
compassion and understanding; the
character of a superior person

Makes me dream of high ideals and
admirable deeds – that is how I see
your soul, while I enjoy your human
failings that keep you from leaving
the rest of us too far behind…


“The Bus People” by Rachel Anderson,
Oxford University Press 1989, * pp 6-7
*

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...