Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Ruminations And Meditations

*Uh-oh, got my seat wet, better be careful not
to tear my slacks again when they stick to my
chair - broken air-con, heat-induced feverish
depression, wondering whether I could empty
the cold water bottle over my head

What’s the use of a great appearance when it’s
hot in here, to be of good cheer we need a cool
atmosphere, even Pratchett fails to engage my
interest when life becomes so uncomfortable,
tomorrow I’ll come to work in my swimwear

Then I shall remain wet all day long and make
a statement, Lourens in charge of air-cons is
lamenting the state of affairs, but no amount
of wearing sackcloth and strewing ashes will
cool down this place

After wetting my shirt I am still hot, how my
colleagues can blissfully continue serving
the one-eyed Troll Interpol when we are
sitting in hell I can’t understand, besides
I am on the side of the criminals

They committed crimes that could be spotted
while the rest of humanity commits crimes that
remain invisible, we are all criminals, why should
only they pay when crime is an internationally
institutionalised way of life

Governments rob their own citizens, employers
exploit their workers, but Interpol only pursues
the petty criminal who stole to eat or defrauded
thieves from their stolen riches, our world is
the nursery school of the universe

(I wear a Speedo, but I look more like a dwarf in it
and mine has a yellow stripe.)
*

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

真得很不錯的blog,加油哦........................................

Margaret Alice said...

Thank you Jojo
I looked up the Chinese pictograms on Google and found this translation, I appreciate your positive comment very much!
Warmest regards
Agent Snowflake

真得很不錯的blog,加油哦..."Really very nice blog, refueling oh"

Margaret Alice said...

Dear Jojo

I have received the following from a Chinese translator:
真得很不錯的blog,加哦..'It is a really great blog, keep up the hard work.'

Thank you for an inspiring message and making it exotic, you added an element of the exotic to my little world and I appreciate it very much!

Warmest regards
Agent Snowflake

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...