Saturday, January 30, 2010

Thinking Of Something

*
I have bought into your mood of frustration
after a successful visit driving like a fiend-
enjoying every moment of it- I came home
to find you angry and upset

The geyser’s broken, Nici’s room a chaotic
area, ceiling falling, nothing I do or say makes
you feel better, compliments from strangers
make you feel worse

I decided to join your vibration of dissatisfaction
complaining about the sentimental expressions
of weighty singers, switching on the light that
trips the electricity

Still, words reverberating in my mind - Hold Her
Tight - advice from strangers you disliked, how
dare they talk to you about your wife - I was
delighted; you were not

I shall write it on the tables of my heart - three
words of advice - the smiling young man said
after we shared the warmth of laughter, now
all at home frowning

Your upset relayed to all of us…

**********Earlier Today:

Overwhelmed by what I heard -
wavering momentarily, what did
he mean - I shall treasure it, it
was wonderful, very sweet

Compliment implied, meaning
inferred, I queried, you refused
to delineate; I shall not forget
what the young man said

All engraved on the tablets of my
heart, to reflect on them when I’m
alone, you said he was impertinent
begrudging me the compliment

No-one to speak such words in public,
those three golden words are forever
special, meriting confusion, forgot
all I bought in the shop

You stormed out; I was surprised
could not look back, their joy had
been contagious, his words ex-
pressed feelings as we shared

Laughter with his friend, my heart
was touched, heartstrings rever-
berating still, he implied he was
thinking of something else …
*

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...