Saturday, January 23, 2010

This Hallucinatory Way

*
Alice looked a the glittering restaurant
with a frightened eye, much too scared
to follow the White Rabbit inside, when
she looked up she saw the Cheshire cat

A broad grin on his face spreading wider
as he admonished her to enter with grace,
she told him she was afraid of so much state
he conceded and accompanied her inside

Once in the creamy golden interior, Alice
found she could not breathe ‘These big
spaces overwhelm me!’ - the Cheshire
cat went with her as she ran downstairs

Just then the Queen of Hearts appeared, on
hearing the account of Alice’s woes she boldly
declared ‘Learn to soothe your emotions, my
dear, when doing things you don’t want to do’

At this Alice wailed louder ‘I don’t want to be
in this place where crocodile and frog legs
are served as food, I want to go home!’ the
Queen threw her arms in the air

‘You naughty child, you shall never become
sophisticated enough if you do not try smart
restaurants with exotic foodstuffs’ Alice said
‘I don’t care, don’t want to become refined

If it means smart places to dine, I want to be
me, happy and free, since manifestation is a
replication of all we think and feel, restaurants
have been manifested by kings and queens

Enjoying spiced-up mud and stuff, as long as it
is dressed up as aromatic cuisine, prawns, frogs
pizza and pasta and Thai food, snakes, lizards
and sea-weed, birds’ nests, soy sauce

I just need a steak and some vegetables
without oil, maybe butter but no creamy
stuff, I need healthy food to line my
stomach, I need to hide away

From modern society with its chemicals
colourants and preservatives, plant
and animal derivatives - I cannot
go on in this

Hallucinatory way!
*

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...