Sunday, August 28, 2022

Create More Solutions While Dreaming Illusions

I’ve been told that being retired means making peace with being

useless, and I cannot accept it - for should it be true, I must find

a cannibal’s pot and jump into it to become a cannibal’s stew to

feed someone & thus being useful, but I disagree: I was useless

 

While trying to earn my salary and being lonely and sad as I could

not meet the requirement set by all my colleagues who knew the

scientific meaning of relaying a source text into another language

correctly, they had a rule book which taught them one term for

 

Everything and one way to write a sentence in which they were

infallible, so every sentence the little alien in my head came up

with was rejected as most grievously wrong, and now that I’m

retired and the naughty little alien can sing every song exactly

 

The way it wants to without ever making a reference to a rule

of some kind; I will not accept being told that my life is become

useless for not being evaluated with a Performance Assessment

& a Performance Evaluation Form, finding me less than perfect

 

I love my freedom and will not accept the verdict that freedom

means I am useless: it gives me wide scope for the imagination

and I can use my experience in translation to express my own

thoughts as succinctly as possible and should anyone see what

 

I’ve written and form an opinion tantamount to a performance

assessment, it can’t bother me since I’m free from supervisors

who are paid to evaluate others by their own standards instead

of the unique talents and experience of the individual - though

 

I mightn’t be able to please another government official, it might

just be possible that I might please other free readers who aren’t

constrained to look at the world through administrative glasses -

and evaluate documents according to what clients are forced to

 

See as necessary - instead of what the client really dreams of, so

forget it, I shall NOT abide by your requirement to classify myself

as an oxygen thief who have no role to play in society - - I believe

that sharing my experience might improve the lives of those who

 

Still need to suffer the same fate in bureaucratic systems, heaven

help them - may they learn that machines are there for automatic

chores, we humans are not classification cabinets, we are creative

beings who should create more solutions while dreaming illusions!

........................................................................................................

Deep-Cleaning Soap Suds With A Strong Brush

I must of course agree that I’m not adapting easily - at first I used too

much water - and now I use too much gas, but I’m learning - I’ve got

a system for Monday laundry and have stopped ironing on a Sunday

to get ahead with my son’s shirts;  the Duchess has told me that she

 

Throws old pillows away, never trying to wash them: now there is my

mistake - I tried to wash these, thinking it would be pollution to chuck

them out - but with garbage collectors about - nothing is ever wasted

around here - and even bathroom mats and dog blankets go into the

 

Washing machine, though all those dog hairs and dust is a problem -

I’m forging on - trying to become a domestic maid doing household

chores like a housekeeper getting paid - though a few systems are

failing - such as a steamer unable to clean the grooves in the tiles &

 

Now we require deep-cleaning soap suds with a strong brush - we

are figuring it out and sooner or later will have a clean house, even

though ubiquitous dust means everything is dust-covered almost

immediately - small victories mean we’re still on a learning curve 

 

What more can we want, given that these days people grow as old

as a hundred years: - My wish is dying softly in my sleep when the

time comes, NO resuscitation, NO living in pain, NO existence in a

vegetative state: Happy - Healthy - Dead - no illness required…

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...