Friday, October 21, 2022

Cannot Remain Bereft Of Joy For Long

Sometimes I carry on energised by my inner fire and then

a sudden setback contrary to my desire stops me from

continuing and bereft of inspiration I blame the voice who

uttered the denigrating words - though the speaker was

 

In neutral and did not intend the connotation & denotation

present in his uttering to hurt my feelings and thus I fall

silent & nurse my heart in the quiet, hoping a change of

action & scenery will help me regain enthusiasm to play

 

Life’s game - with this I’m going to run outside and seek

solace in the sun’s embrace and the wind’s caress and

the wonderful comfort of icy water, with such luxuries

I cannot remain bereft of joy for long!

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...