Sunday, October 23, 2022

Trapeze Artist Tumbling To The Ground

I’m a trapeze artist balancing on the edge of a headache

kept at bay by drinking my tea with salt and thus far I’m

home free, even an argument about Magnetite Street did

not escalate  into a conflict as I kept sipping salted tea, if

I’m lucky, I can flee the threatening headache by jumping

 

Into the pool, time is short, pressure is building behind my

eyes & my ears are ringing something fierce, this trapeze

artist is tumbling to the ground and going outside will be

my safety net, after cooling down I can return to the fable

on my screen, John Gay writing about politicians being so

 

Dishonest because they can only be elected if they can

disgrace opponents through falsehood and dishonesty, it

is fun to read the doggerel in which the fable lines unfold

and these moral tales make me realize, though my dad

truly was Conan the Barbarian, I prefer it to the lies that

 

Cause rural people to despise all leaders in positions of

power which they use to fleece everyone unlucky enough

to live in a so-called civilised society….

 

https://www.gutenberg.org/files/26199/26199-h/26199-h.htm

 

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...