Tuesday, October 4, 2022

Counterpoint To Domestic Duties

Every night we have to go to sleep and I’m looking forward

to it - - but in this heat it’s almost impossible to achieve this

wonderful release, the sweetness of sleep and dreams, the

bed becomes a furnace of body heat and I toss and turn all

 

Night long without the ability to think of a story or song - and

most of my heroines are gone as their stories are done thus

I must construct a new dream world populated by a cast of

new characters, scrubbing my feet I’m ready for bed - now

 

No more walking about barefoot on dust-covered floors, if

ironing must be done tomorrow, it must be early before the

sun has the chance to warm the house; I wish I could read

a storybook at bedtime as I did when I was young - but

 

Tonight a headache is preventing my brain from registering,

tomorrow I must work out where to insert my delicious story-

book into my day - to function as counterpoint to domestic

duties, thus fulfilling its potential of being pure escapism

 

I must construct a steel framework of routines to govern my

day and then it is easy to escape from the structure, taking

off in diagonal directions against 3-dimensional reality…

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...