Monday, October 3, 2022

The Importance Of Reality

In my manic phase I suspect there was good reason for my

being the village idiot at work, and making a list for my own

pleasure proved again I can’t make one: fifteen couples are

competing in Strictly Come Dancing and there are nineteen

 

Couples on the list I made while watching, having eaten too

many sweet doughnuts which entered my life on the friendly

feet of a dear friend I fell asleep from time to time and that

didn’t help, I nearly fell off my chair in the kitchen, everyone

 

Had a good laugh, but now it’s time to reform: no more sugar,

no more talking too much, just meditation while doing laundry

is the right way to go, no more ignoring a dietary regime which

keeps me sane when I let it - so no more giving free rein to

 

My imagination as that road leads straight to perdition, turning

back to the straight and narrow, no more sugar & starch which

take over my mind & then the Little Alien in my head drowns in

a cocktail of dangerous chemicals, “back to the future” I’ll go

 

Back on my tracks right into a diet that keeps me alive mentally,

thus preventing an increase in illusions and dreams which can

so easily suppress the importance of reality!

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...