Wednesday, October 19, 2022

Enjoy The Ridiculous and Absurd

Looking forward to watching the Jungle Book 1967 animated

movie, my favourite Shere Khan, Bengal tiger with his deep

voice and insouciant killing instinct, Mowgli the Mancub and

King Louie, the Orangutan who can boogie really well, since 


My Beloved is otherwise occupied Barbara and I have the

house to ourselves, the President of our film club not here

to pout when we refuse to watch movies he prescribes to

edify, such as The Boy In the Striped Pajamas - we have

 

Both seen it already and it made us cry, and La Vita e Bella,

another WWII fantasy which drove us to despair - we prefer

escapism to infuse life with adventure and challenge - such

as Red and the Fast and the Furious and The Chronicles of

 

Riddick - I’ll kill you with my cup - on the planet Crematoria,

apparently a box office flop, but we don’t care, the fun never

stops as Riddick struts his stuff, we really have had enough

education for now & allow ourselves to enjoy the ridiculous

 

And absurd - whenever we want! 

..........................................................................................


Barbara called, she feels under the weather, I’m not going

to talk at all, she threatens - It suits me perfectly, I reply -

I’m also fed up with life, people question my ideas when I

know that I’m right: I believe an artists’ personality colours

 

Their work and the observer or audience can gain insight

into their character by looking and listening, when I explain

whose voice isn’t fine - because they are too self-assured

& so self-satisfied, people complain the voice’s technically

 

Perfect, but then I think to myself: I can hear an attitude in

the arrogant sound, now I shall regale Barbara with a litany

of my grievances until she’s laughing or crying in despair…

......................................................


We had a good time eating custard slices - & I thought I

would be fine, but now my head is being crushed & only  

medication can lift the pain, my muscles are weak & so

I know these are symptoms of allergy, I will have to try

 

And sleep until I can keep my eyes open as I had fallen

asleep while watching the movie & missed a good part,

just thinking of sleeping seems such a waste of time so

I’ll send my heroine out as a spy called Marlene as was

 

Miss Dietrich, get her to save the world single-handedly

so off I go to my couch to watch BBC nature series as

Marlene tackles the world of espionage….

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...