Thursday, October 20, 2022

Have To Flee To Retain My Sanity

I thought to save my hearing when no longer listening

to loud music on my earphones in the chicken coup at

work - but you insist on countering my happy listening

to Bert Kaempfert That Happy Feeling and A Swingin’

Safari while washing dishes, by playing my favourite

 

Jim Reeves nostalgic music, Distant Drums & Adios

Amigos - which is NOT suitable for an energetic stint

at the kitchen sink, but I take off my head phones and

humour you by listening, Welcome To My World - it is

impossible to understand why you always insist on

 

Taking the lead in anything we do, whether cooking or

music - but I shall be gracious in conceding defeat to

your choice of music, it might have been sad Leonard

Cohen and I would commit suicide if forced to listen to

him too often - Oh no, Help - here it comes, Leonard’s

 

Miserable crooning about Suzanne, you have found

your niche - and I have to flee to retain my sanity!

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...