Sunday, October 16, 2022

Leaving Them On Their Own Planet

I’m at an age where my friends are suffering from

Alzheimer’s and dementia, the only good thing is

that they are not suffering, happy in the confusion

& not knowing whether they are coming or going

 

And who I could be, one moment I’m recognised

as a friend and the very next I’m seen as a pest &

I’m working on making peace with the situation -

I still love everyone although I have to remember

 

Not to put my trust in them because then I end up

feeling disappointed all the time - my friends are

returning to the lovable state of a child, all delight,

but dangerous with things like money and keys

 

And heartstrings - moods change unexpectedly

and I must be ready to face a stranger where a

friend has been - now I’m prepared - I’m getting

better at this - after yet another row - I’m letting

 

Go, respectfully leaving them on their own planet

in their own universe… 

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...