Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Attempt To Make Penitent

*
In an attempt to make me penitent, the
fates inspired Screwtape, Wormwood
and various Machiavellian characters
masquerading as members of public
to write the most illegible letters to the
President, repeating the same requests
making me reread the same stuff

I bravely made a perfect list of the
fourteen precious missives, brought
them home and typed away while
preparing mince and spaghetti for
dinner, the mess was too much, I
removed the computer from the
kitchen and set up base

On the little school desk, by quarter
to ten I lost heart and stopped in my
thankless task, tomorrow is another
day, after leopard crawling about
I might settle and take the weird
letters in my stride...
*

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...