Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Spiritual Content

*
I have been washing dishes tonight, without crying,
made dinner for Tiaan, he barbecued the meat, I
cleaned, you came home, refused to eat leftover
vegetables, created a bacon and egg concoction

I washed again, my heart as light as a feather, I
called my dad, he is happy in moving, a family
member moving away into happiness, far away
from me, yet all family who become inaccessible

Are growing happy - I miss them all terribly, but
it is their life at stake, my staying behind without
them does not count, I have you and Tiaan and
Nici when she returns, I am glad for ALL my family

Discovering their joy - though it means I cannot
talk to them, it is my loss but their gain, they make
new friends, find new interests, everything I could
never offer them, I am so glad for them

I cry missing them, when they call, I smile and
crack another joke, we laugh, laughing with them
is all that is left, my dad sounds joyous in change
I have his music to keep me company

Seven books of spiritual content to read, I only
cry when no-one sees me
*

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...