Friday, June 18, 2010

Magic Relief (Rev.)

*

This is a day of amazing insights: I realize
wearing an oversize sizzling yellow
Bafana T-shirt does NOT make me
a buttercup but rather a big pumpkin
or yellow barrel animated on legs

I realize a cardboard tasting vegetarian
burger did not make me ill, realize I think
like a pompous thirteen-year informing
psychiatrists eating lasagna with patients
would solve all their problems

I want to inform all mental patients
that reading children’s books will offer
a safe and beautiful sanctuary while
instantly curing them of cynicism, despair,
depression and boredom

I felt despondent until I read Anastasia’s
false bosom was hanging in devilled eggs,
she and her friend were set to become
The Bosom Phantoms, yet had to take
her mother’s soiled clothes home

I laughed outrageously, deciding that
being an oversized pumpkin was okay –
then I read about a professor lecturing sniggering students to find afterwards his
fly was unzipped – yet he endured

I realize I’ll survive my yellow Bafana T shirt,
live on through more boring patches of
life to read more comedy; my belief is
comedians go straight to heaven for the
magic relief afforded sad people like me!
*

1 comment:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...