Sunday, June 13, 2010

Not Important At All

*
Mother broke two bones in her left foot
she will be moving out with dad and twin
sis to Messina near the Zimbabwe border
suddenly my sis and dad are not moving
alone, mother with her all her esoteric ideas
about spiritual guidance will be accompanying
them - wherever they go

They are both liable to insult everybody else
BUT mother will stop them, now I am content
they will be guarded by mother’s belief in angels
and guardians - though I suspect it is a matter of
good manners - they will be better off with her
around, she cannot remain behind when my
dad is carted off

He will have her while he adjusts to strange places
though he does not deserve anything, just like me -
I am glad that he has her strange sense of goodness
to introduce him to people around, though I cry at night
because my dad and I are not normal - I rejoice whenever
miracles happen to us - I never wanted to be a carbon
copy of my dad – yet I AM

Therefore whenever good things happen to him and me
I rejoice in unfettered joy, I think we are both just worthy
of early death – yet we live on; it is all wrong because all
the good people die as Hamlet and every other intellectual
illustrates – dad with his baboon in the bully-beef tin and I,
unworthy of mention amongst holy people – live on, probably
because we KNOW we are

As NOTHING in the eyes of society – we do not pose a threat
to those who know how wonderful they are – my dad and I
know – we are not important at all!
*

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...