Saturday, June 12, 2010

An Interloper

*
Impossible to say for sure, but it seems
I was successful, another aspect of me
appeared, another person who deals
with life in a new way, who reacts dif-
ferently to the same stimulation

She brought determination and a joyous
new dream, she sleeps, the fear of pre-
vious me is under control, she is from
somewhere else, though a tight band
around the head accompanies her

She is full of ideas, she carries out her plans
which changes my mental gears, she is al-
ready there where I want to be, I will let her
stay as long as she wants – maybe she is
the real me; the other one an interloper

I am waiting to read her verse to see what
interests her, she refuses to reveal her
delicate dreams, saying confidentiality
is her most precious possession, after
translating all day, she is bored

She claims I am free to read my book, watch
a comedy, she will stay within her bauble of
dreams and reappear as soon as translation
begins, she does not mind marching
through an unending desert

Because the power of dreams carries her, if I
give her freedom to eat what she wants and
takes the symptoms in my stride, she will stay
as long as I want – I like her so much, I will do
anything she says, she might be an alter ego

She might be Real Me, I agree: Never reveal the
meaning of life, though she will not identify her
protagonists, the effect of joyous trust is saving
my life, went to the library so she could
choose what she wants to read

Her choices are brilliant - now she and I know we
do not have leprosy, we laugh incessantly about
the secret meaning of our esoteric knowledge,
we like it there…
*

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...