Tuesday, June 15, 2010

I Am No Saint

*
I don’t mind not sleeping when I’ve
got a head full of dreams and other
beautiful things, from time to time I
can eat pizza and still be fine – but
not this time, can’t close my eyes

Can’t lie still, some people say they
have NEVER in their life been bored
why then have I been suffering from
boredom since I was small? Allergy
is the reason I can’t sleep or feel

Interest in anything, it forced me to
start recording my thoughts, I am so
dissatisfied with my lapses in concen-
tration, I must express my disgust or
explode with pent-up emotion

Eating pizza tonight was my undoing
can’t lie in bed with my back stiffening
can’t focus enough to read – all that is
left is looking at pictures, watching
National Geographic on TV

Even lost the power to conjure visions,
ability to create is gone, I am so sleepy
falling asleep in my chair, yet when I lie
down I am wide awake, maybe I should
sleep in front of the computer

Because lying down is not working, all
accompanied by profuse perspiration,
it is enough to try a saint’s patience
and I am no Saint…
*

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...