Wednesday, June 16, 2010

I Follow a Heroine

*

Ouverture of La Traviatia and Barcarolle
from Hoffmann’s Tales, nostalgic music
filling the kitchen, filling my heart, here
where I am typing, a feeling of saudade
to keep me company

Anastasia by Lois Lowry propping up the
document I am working on, Nici and friend
Lee-Anne watching Animé, hubby and Tiaan
ensconced in front of the TV watching a
soccer game, I’m in the kitchen

My notebook hooked up to a new screen, typing
a complainant’s letter about a monument he has
to maintain himself while I follow a heroine in my
mind, facing challenges, having a wonderful
time; fingers on the keyboard

Still typing complaints….
*

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...