Thursday, June 10, 2010

Panmathematizing Ideation*

*
I know the power of unbounded belief
the excitement of mystery, but why
should we see the belief of the ancients
as so much more superior than ours
why should we feel inferior when we
read of the archaic sense of time

I believe we have the power to make
anything true; to reinstate the feeling
of determination that held sway over
the ancients does not seem more
preferable to me than present-day
wide-ranging ideas and dreams

I LOVE learning about ancient culture
and their obsession with mills grinding
out of control and world ages lasting
26 000 years at least; but why should
everything modern be regarded as
inferior by De Santillana

And Von Dechend, surely there must
be place for everybody and every theory?
I prefer making freedom my doctrine to
the belief that the universe is 'determined
on many levels at once' – why should we
subscribe to ‘panmathematizing ideation’

Just because our brilliant forefathers did?


http://www.believeallthings.com/4667/
hamlets-mill/#ixzz0qGOvODKd

Quote taken from:

“Hamlet's Mill”
An essay on myth and the frame of time
GIORGIO de SANTILLANA & HERTHA von DECHEND
David R. Godine Publisher Boston 1977
*

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...