Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Flummoxed And Flabbergasted

*
Irate translator: ‘Good Morning Ladies
Just wanted to inform you, although I
waited the whole day yesterday, the
courier did not pitch up.’

Sherlock Holmes – Incumbent of the post
Language Practitioner:

‘Don’t know what gremlin got into the system
I’m flummoxed and flabbergasted, now playing
sleuth and investigating; if I were Miss Marple
there would have been a few murders in the offing

As it is, I suppose it is pure oversight or even
malicious spite from spirits, demons or something
more atrocious, just keep your calm and we’ll
whistle the storm down!

I requested a courier to be sent to your august self
to collect the most important documents - now
to find where the system broke down…

Kind regards, Sherlock Holmes.’
*

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...