Saturday, June 19, 2010

Freudian Slip

*
Mother not home when I paid my goodbye visit
in great insouciance went off to have some fun
a Freudian slip made once too often, family too
boring to sacrifice a friend’s invitation

I was rather shocked by her overt declaration of
alienation, Tom Thumb insulted my sister but was
never reproached, dad chased from the house, he
looks like a slob, she knows her own mind

No room for family feeling, no loyalty to anyone
except her own self; got over it by reading about
Anastasia’s friend asking the mayor to leave,
thought him a deinstitutionalised psychotic

Because he bored everyone while drinking too much
she invited several psychotics to her grandma’s party
in a nasty plot, then tried to chase them, unfortunately
the mayor seemed psychotic to her

His jacket buttoned wrongly - he fitted the bill; I laughed
what an embarrassment - What happened today was a
repeat of the past, consideration for her daughter has
never entered my mother’s mind

Though she offered to illustrate a book for me should I
be daft enough to ask her to – as long as I remember
her friends are priority and do not expect her to
finish the project at all....
*

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...