Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Pernickety - Unpernicketious

*

I cannot create bureaucratic translations
I play the spiritual game in life – cannot
become pernickety. Any word conveying
general meaning will suffice as long as it
makes a sentence into a song, adds a
tune to the line as prosody; any term that
doesn’t appeal to melody won’t satisfy
the crocodile living in my brain, I ignore
him too long and he swallows my mind,
consciousness closes down

I am left with an aching hole in my head
luckily I am an alien like fake Rolex and
alien weapons seller in Men In Black, my
brain grows back, but it is a slow, painful
process – my embarrassed red cheeks
while consistently choosing wrong terms
given the crocodile’s inability to consider
anything but rhythm and rhyme, so that in
the end I make a bigger mess with every
decision to reform and do my best

- is a clear sign that my brain has not been
rewired as yet…

Wordsmith [wsmith@wordsmith.org]:

Pernickety
Fussy about minor details, requiring keen
attention to detail, as a job.
*

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...