Friday, June 11, 2010

Space To Live & Breathe

*
Been working as I should, translating, translating,
looking neither left nor right, reading Hamlet’s Mill
on line, embracing the hopelessness that enables
me to continue doing a hopeless task, home com-
puter breaking down, my own pain the cause of
this event - translating the angry thoughts of
real nowhere women and men

Complaining about their nowhere plans, burning
all their bridges through vengeful thoughts and
negative ideas, no beautiful point of view to grow
into visions good and true, destroying opportunity
to create something wild and wonderful - while I
look on as they destroy themselves, strangling
their lives through self-righteousness

I am not allowed to say to them ‘There is a better
way if you would but take it, forgive your enemies,
embrace your friends and grant your fellow human
beings space to live and breathe – and you will be
surprised to see how uplifting life can be, count
your blessings and you will discern your
benefits, advantages and privileges

What you are demanding in a harsh, grating voice
are ALREADY yours, stop complaining and blaming
everyone you come across - for the frivolous things
you do and think yourself!’
*

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...