Saturday, June 5, 2010

Challenge Is Immense (Rev.)

*
My temperament is very good for writing limericks
but unsuitable for leading a routine-bound life, I
madly love words and language and doing trans-
lation keeps me in contact with that, I cannot
waft off on a cloud though I wish I could

I love the sound of words when they dance and sing
in rhythmical cascades forming melodies, while the
kind of translations we do makes it very difficult to
hear the song, but it only makes me more
determined to try harder to improve

The challenge is immense, given the wild desire for
rhythm and flow, symbol and image and beauty, I
am determined to keep the dream alive even if
I have to bury it deep underground…
*

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...