Wednesday, June 30, 2010

So Very Irreverent

*
Dad left today, you are not here
I came home alone, prepared
dinner for two, Tiaan and I, the
house is empty without you

The world is growing cold, I have
books to read, my citadel against
life, I accept Wayne Dyer there is
spiritual solutions to every problem

Illness and death or drinking poison
I only disagree with Dyer about his
imperative that we must be healthy
to prove that we believe in God

He explains the suffering and pains
of old saints away, it is strange that
he insists nobody else has the right
to suffer and die in a similar manner

Apparently he and his brood and his
lovely wife are all healthy and good,
he recommends we do as they do
prove spiritual health in physical

He happily dismisses all the saints
who succumbed, I shall join them
quietly, allergy is a sin according to
Dyer, but without it I would not

Write another poem, I would go out
and enjoy life, smile at people to
show them how good God is while
they suffer in vain, like the saints

I cannot understand how authors
manage to convince themselves
we have to prove our love in
health while the saints

Dramatically failed – they are all
dead today – and - I hope you
come home soon, I miss your
voice berating me for being

So very irreverent
all the time…
*

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...