Friday, June 11, 2010

Self-Appointed Judges

*
Reading judgmental criticism and prejudice
expressed by self-righteous Pharisees,
megalomaniacs presenting their
selfish desires as God’s will

Destroys all sense of magic and wonderment,
kills all hope for unconditional love, the self-
appointed judges of humanity - so unlovable
in their rejection of all I adore

Trampling honour and freedom underfoot, de-
secrating every ideal for a new society based
on respect and happiness - change me into
a hopeless person filled with despair

My heart is freezing over, my mind numb, my
thoughts dark and heavy like lead, I detest the
loveless judgmental types who have no regard
for the needs and desires of others

Reducing everyone else to the status of slaves,
the revolt I feel in serving such haughty types by
translating their spiteful words, sickens my mind
and makes me ill

I prefer salt-of-the-earth criminals led astray by
their love for wealth and ease to self-righteous
saints and evangelists who condemn everyone
else, except their own holy selves!
*

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...