Thursday, July 14, 2022

All Symbolism Is Gone

Daydreaming recommended - one thing I don’t daydream about

is becoming a good cook preparing haute cuisine & my son says

Don’t worry mom, we’ll sacrifice the delight of your cooking in lieu

for all the hard work you do in the kitchen scrubbing and cleaning

 

Everyone laughing as they have no faith in my culinary skills, neither

have I; I’ve lost this day to a meaningless romcom: maybe I’m wrong,

but I found no fairytale quality in the movie - no depth to the story -

maybe a miserable tragedy with catharsis driven by reality is just

 

What I need, something to clear my head and find direction in which

to send my thoughts instead of Top Gear and the Big Nothing: nothing

has meaning until we assign purpose to it & at the moment my every

attempt at assigning significance to the events in my world ends in

 

Existential nihilism, I fail to create delight by doing nothing, thus it is

time for action - to actively go hunting for beautiful things and ideas,

for soothing music and great symphonies - I wish to find symbolism

in everything - yet nothing works, all symbolism is gone…

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...