Tuesday, July 26, 2022

Carefully Ordered Universe & So Patently Absurd

I am the delighted recipient of an Income Tax Return Post

Submission Survey upon submitting my taxes electronically

and now they want me to declare how wonderful it seems to

sign my income away to the welfare state, how streamlined

the efficient tax authority is at deducting all amounts to line

their pockets and maybe if something is left to help the poor

 

Underprivileged - one chance in a million of them receiving

anything once government officials dipped into my pension

as the welfare state is all about enriching the rich, depriving

the poor of even the little bit they might have received if they

had left me something with which to help them - my beloved

claims this is not so, and he submitted the tax return for me

 

But what does he know, he is the one who came up with the

water restriction which means that even as a washer-upper

I’m illegal and unwelcome in this carefully ordered universe 

........................................................................................

So Patently Absurd

With the water restriction in place I get a migraine in the

kitchen: looking at dirty dishes and messy surfaces, my

first desire is to clean up, immediately a sharp pang of

conscience prevents me from moving to the tap, the use

of water is prohibited to bring down costs so no washing

between meals, no wet cloth in the hand to wipe counter


Tops, no wiping the floor with a wet rag - so the headache

increases until I want to scream, the situation is driving me

mad, it’s boredom and frustration rolled up into one, now

even ironing does not appeal to me, why do it when real

cleaning is illegal - why do anything when life is becoming

so patently absurd - I shall go read jokes till feeling better


On top of it all, being micro-managed: there’s a dish of green

beans and some mash in the fridge - a new edict: you’re not

allowed to prepare fresh vegetables, save money, save gas,

you’ve got the eat the old stuff, whatever the Lord and Master

of the Crocodile Castle allows: I think my head will burst with

the absurdity, though it’s so funny & idiotic at the same time

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...