Thursday, July 7, 2022

Laughing & Make Amends & Flower Duet


........................................Kufstein in Tirol

Washing and cleaning listening to Heino yodeling

singing Kufsteinlied on my IPod with headphones,

dancing and harmonising in thirds and fifths - and

enjoying myself hugely, under the influence of this

happy folk song I become a force of nature when

yodeling haute voice with Heino and choir and my

 

Dance grows wilder: once told a German colleague

I loved yodeling - nonplussed she wanted to know

why and I told her, who was no singer at all, that it

felt wonderful to make one’s voice jump between

octaves, she clearly had never tried it, never could

understand the joy of climbing the wide staircase 

 

In an office building marching to military music or wildly

dancing while yodeling, but the security guards surely

understood it well, when I caught their eye they were

laughing with me and twirling along - one recognised

me masked five years after I saw him last, it must be

because I’m still skipping to a beat in my head - and

 

It’s even more fun to yodel and sing while working hard

in the house - family members scattering as I advance

at speed, brandishing dust cloths & broom for sweeping,

turning in circles and yodeling at the top of my lungs!

 

Kufsteinlied

Kennst du die Perle, die Perle Tirols?

Das Städtchen Kufstein, das kennst du wohl!

 Umrahmt von Bergen, so friedlich und still.

Ja das ist Kufstein dort am grünen Inn,

Ja das ist Kufstein am grünen Inn,

Ho - la - di - le .....

Ho - la - di - le .....

..... bei uns in Tirol!

 

Es gibt so vieles, bei uns in Tirol.

Ein gutes Weinderl aus Südtirol.

Und mancher wünscht sich, es möcht immer so sein.

Bei einem Madel und 'nem Glasel Wein, [2X]

Bei einem Madel und 'nem Glasel Wein.

 

Und ist der Urlaub dann wieder aus,

so nimmt man Abschied und fährt nach Haus.

Man denkt an Kufstein, man denkt an Tirol.

Mein liebes Städtchen lebe wohl, lebwohl

Mein liebes Städtchen lebwohl, lebwohl.

https://lyricstranslate.com/de/heino-kufsteinlied-lyrics.html

 

Lyrics in English

Do you know the pearl, Tirol's pearl

The little city Kufstein, the one you know

Surrounded by mountains, so peaceful and still

Yes, this is Kufstein at the green inn [2X]

 

There is so much with us in Tirol

A good sausage from southern Tirol

Everybody thinks it should be that way forever

By a girl and a bottle of wine [2X]

 

And then the vacation is over,

You say goodbye and drive back home

You think about Kufstein, you think about Tirol

My dear girl live well, live well [2X]

https://austriacultureprojectaphug.weebly.com/folk-song-kufsteiner-lied.html

..................................................................................................................................

Contrite And Make Amends

And then Destiny caught up with me, those in need of

peace and harmony so seriously disturbed they started

shouting angrily and though it made me furious, I knew

I was wrong to yodel loudly and now in deathly silence I

 

Listen as Heino continues singing happily in my ears where

only I can hear him disturbing the peace, I’ll have to launch

a campaign to reform once again, taking other people into

consideration is important and I agree, when they pull ugly

 

Faces it is my own fault for being so inconsiderate - there is

a whole garden when I can yodel - why do it in the kitchen

like this - it must be a manifestation of evil intent, I must be

more contrite and make amends, whatever that may mean

...........................................................................................

https://youtu.be/Kk1l84UW1pI

Amira & Corlea Flower Duet; anger abating, sweetest of

sounds taking me up to heaven where I beg forgiveness

for losing my temper, while listening it is as if the angels

anoint the earth dispensing celestial forgiveness for our

human indifference to love and our lack of understanding

for the urgent need for peace and harmony - I’m sorry I

made such a noise while I felt so happy - as other people

around me were suffering frustration and anger - due to

serious problems: I can’t help them solve these, but I can

calm down by listening to the magnificent duet of Amira

harmonising her perfect vibrato with Corlea - showing us

what true beauty sounds like: though I can’t emulate them,

I can admire and spread the news of their voices creating

the most delightful incense to calm a perturbed spirit and

direct our sorrowful eyes to the sweet angels in heaven

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...