Sunday, July 17, 2022

Infuse Meaning Into Life's Routines

A calm Sunday afternoon planning the week ahead, laundry

on Monday - Tuesday watching ‘Murder She Wrote’ with my

friend, Wednesday lunch with Mother Superior of Translating

Convent days when research and grammar rules meant long

treks through official documents with dry content and pitfalls

 

As alliteration and assonance lead me astray, the rhythms of

sentences ta-tam, ta-tam, messed up correct word order and

choice of correct terms, no longer living in the sadness of bad

marks for lack of production as I’m free to do as I please - and

Sunday evenings are no longer getting messed up by the need

 

To go early to bed since now I can sleep as late as I like, no more

getting up at five thirty in the morning to catch the bus, though this

part I miss - rocking in my seat and reading Terry Pratchett:  Mort,

Thief Of Time or Soul Music, no more watching the sun rising from

our high-rise building, no more making lists of work done and work

 

Missed, no more reading boring documents withering my soul, now

life is all about choosing which song to sing while dancing about with

laundry baskets - which rhythm to sway to while I’m washing dishes,

wishing I could capture the beauty of rainbow prisms dancing on the

white soapy water while the sun’s shining into my kitchen - this is the

 

Kind of life of the Story Princess lead when she grew tired of palace

life and ran away to become a kitchen maid in a far-off land and she

went on picnics in the woods while the Fairy who had bestowed the

gift of ordinariness upon her advised her to enjoy her freedom - I’m

still working on ways to infuse meaning into life’s routines & maybe

 

I’ll make a mess, but currently I have enough fun to keep me dancing

& singing along, knowing I still have to master the art of dusting - and

wondering whether that kind of inspiration comes all by itself…

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...