Saturday, July 30, 2022

A Realm Of The Most Radiant Delight

 https://youtu.be/J8paPbgymOU

When stupid decisions lead to pain and perdition I seek solace in

beautiful things, I listen to Amira singing on behalf of King Xerxes

about enjoying the shade of a beloved tree, her voice sublime with

harmonics ringing way beyond reality - the sweet, calming effect

stops the pain clutching my heart and the fear in my mind so that

innocent beauty of sound weaving bright silken strands, binds the

pain to be replaced with joy which destroys dark feelings clouding

my thoughts - taking me into a realm of the most radiant delight

….…………………………………………………………………….

Ombra mai fu [=Never was the shade] George Frideric Handel

In this aria King Xerxes sings about his fondness for a plane tree

that has provided him with [refreshing] shade, the Italian means

“Never was the shade of vegetation ["amato platano" = beloved

plane-tree] (so) sweet and kind and more agreeable….

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...