Thursday, July 21, 2022

Memories Of Fleeting Happiness

[Diary Notes]

The boredom of watching the same TV programmes over

and over sometimes feels overwhelming, Mrs Brown doing

the same slapstick comedy routines and I have to watch it

because the Lord and Master of the Crocodile Castle feels

it is relaxing, after washing the dishes I no longer have an

excuse to go off on my own - is this some form of torture?

 

I would like to read Soul Music again, Susan’s adventures

with Imp Y Celyn are marvelous - specifically since Death

went off on a sabbatical to forget the death of his adopted 

daughter Ysabel, but instead here I am - a prisoner caught

in front of the TV, maybe I should read my book right here

though the light is so weak, yet the feeling of frustration is

 

Growing and I would rather run away than stay to hear the

inane conversation, only alternative is using my earphones,

since experiments have proven that the sensory stimulation

of our youth fools our brains into thinking we are still young,

I'm listening to Lindie Roux Cu-Cu-Ru-Cu-Cu & feel thirteen

years old again, their radio is playing as I watch in fascination  

 

What my brothers are doing in the glorious Aladdin’s cave of

their room, charging batteries & taking an alarm clock apart,

parts of another radio and a bicycle lying around, Peter Pan

tinkering with a home-made distillery to brew his own peach

brandy, pieces of a Lyall Watson-pyramid which is supposed

to sharpen razor blades littering the floor - today Peter Pan

 

Swears it never sharpened anything - memories of fleeting

happiness since I adored my clever older brothers so much 

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...