Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Consolation


No power when we arrived at the office
I climbed onto the cupboard and talked
with a colleague until arrival of Madame
La Pompadour remonstrating with me
for indecent behaviour, I blushed and
sighed, I did it on purpose to add zest
to life

I am reading Pratchett’s Soul Music and
agree with Susan, school and work keep
on interfering with real life, the purpose
of existence is mental development through
reading books; objects and rules are just an
iron framework forming the outline to en-
close

The real beauty and love of ideals within…

**** **** **** **** **** **** ****

I did not take the new medication again, I
have decided I can feel bad all by myself
no need for prescription drugs to achieve
that objective, one sandwich and the allergy
gives the same effect, much cheaper and
much more enjoyable also; feeling my
head contracting

Because of white capsules is kind of stupid
while feeling bad because of the staple of life:
bread, seems much more noble and inevitable -
here endeth the lesson, time to check my text
and reflect on the meaning of life, the power
has been turned on, Madame La Pompadour
and her crew

Are working all virtuous and conscientious
I am the only one who believes that life entails
more than being ensconced within four walls
retrieving my soul from Pratchett’s humourous
touch to dive into the greyness on my desk –
time to learn to laugh at life even when the
labour of love

Converting one language into another, presenting
the same lines, the same content, is not amusing,
the only joy I derive is knowing that the intended
reader will derive as little joy as I did on first
reading the text - and will take even less
action than I have - what consolation!

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...