Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Danger to Friend & Foe

Breakfast proved the myriad pills
nasal sprays, only two, by the way
and synapse-firing regulators unable
to stave off reaction to fatty food, tick off:

No chips and Frankfurter fried in oil can be
stopped by the concoctions I have imbibed -
the alternative is following a fat-restricted
diet, cutting out ALL fast-food outlets

The worst is I still seek a challenge, not enjoying
sitting quietly in my seat, I should join a rebel war
at some far-off place, run around with a weapon in
my hands, a danger to friend and foe alike

This sedentary life does not hold adventure at all
my mind is a sieve and every good feeling just falls
through leaving me bored with this little sliver of life
sitting alone in a work station with no-one to talk to

Not sharing jokes, offended family members glaring
at me from the sidelines, I think prolonged sleep is
the only alternative to death-by-boredom today -
even my group consciousness adventures

In an alternative universe are boring in the extreme
I need a change of consciousness to
set my spirit free…

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...