Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Lovely Presence

Nici bought me a set of glitter-gel ink pens
so I could start writing in my cherry-pink fairy
diary, since the lock is useless no secrets will
ever be declared, I shall write my notes in code
so that only I will ever know what I meant, my first
inscription concerns ‘Soul Music’ by Terry Pratchett

My favourite because it describes the power of music
and Susan who believes there is a logical explanation
for everything, even if you have to make it up, I make up
explanations all the time; and the way Pratchett describes
a world of cheerfulness where war is a lot of fun and axes
and crossbows are good-humoured and easy-going

And Death as Beau Geste – Nidle; I mean, buried in the
desert in order to forget, and scientists are become The
Monks of the Ramtops listening to fossil echoes, incor-
porating the latest scientific research; we all know the
relationship with ourselves is the most important to
cherish on earth, I am working on mine so as to

Offer family and friends unconditional love and
acceptance and expect nothing from them
other than their lovely presence in all their
beauty…


‘Soul Music’ – Terry Pratchett, Corgi Edition 1997
Quoted from pages 89 108, 9, 112, 158 and 167

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...