Thursday, September 2, 2010

Divine, Sacred Words

So many dreams last night, so many images
with so many meanings do not augur well for
the rest of the day, I planned to stay anchored
yet my spirit keeps slipping away, I should not
have read divine, sacred words in missives not
meant for mere mortals, should not have looked
in the eyes of the gods

Now I cannot abide being human, caught in a mould
of place and time, yet I have to remain physical for such
a long time, cannot fulfil my duty with my heart beating in
another place, ears straining to catch celestial sounds; dare
not indulge in lyrical poetry nor allow my eyes to stray from the
cold, the empty and grey - once they alight on the sublime, they
cannot return without pain

To the ordinary: letters of complaint, forgiveness requested for petty
theft - my head is filled with helium gas, I am enclosed within shining
baubles of dreams and ideas - it will take a sharp, devastating pain to
bring me down and pain is something I do not covet at all, however well
esteemed by the soul…

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...