Friday, September 10, 2010

Singing like a Banshee

Ah, spring is here with temperatures up to
thirty degrees Celsius so the air-conditioning
wizards turned down the temperature inside
to fifteen, once again we are wrapped up in
fleeces to face the cold, I have just dug out my
Hogwarts cloak, Hanlie remarked I resem-
bled Pratchett’s witches, making me realize
I always identify with Tiffany Aching whereas
being nearer to Granny Weatherwax in age

Nevertheless since I am totally irresponsible
prone to fall into daydreams and walk around
with visions filling my eyes and only look down
to prevent falling into grave accidents, driving
like a maniac, singing like a banshee to drive
my family crazy; I feel entitled to be twelve
years old in my mind, tried reforming before
to please the powers that be, but since quiet
cynical desperation does not appeal to me

Being realistic, abiding by laws, does not last very
long; I prefer to laugh and die with a heart full of
song, cannot breathe when trying to live in the front
part of my mind, have to withdraw into that small,
still space behind and send out a clown to tackle
the world and represent me in a place that seems
completely alien and hostile a lot of the time; my
only desire is to acquire wisdom and accept all
unconditionally…

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...