Friday, September 10, 2010

Find a New Dream



Saw a beautiful lady with strings of pearls and a
diaphanous cloak, face like an angel with large
blue eyes, long golden tresses, draped on an iron
stand, no body substance at all, fell in love with
the figurine, wanted to buy it for Nici’s birthday
but she declined, Willem tagged along as we
visited the shop, stupefied at the frivolous
way we spent our time

On to the Chinese shop with aura’s on sale, the art
shop where beads are the order of the day, I bought
a pink wooden lady and a fluorescent rosette, I shall
sew or paste it on her dress if I can, Nici did not want
anything; on to the pet shop, puppies, bull-terriers and
German Shepherds, hearts burning to take them home -
plants and bird-feeder strings – so practical -
definitely not for me

What a great outing, the figurine too expensive for me
without an occasion to justify her being, but the small
things I bought, memorabilia, will last me a lifetime, I
love looking at miniatures and creating a new world
for them; hubby disapproves and Willem yawns, Nici
keeps her practical eye on nail lacquer, but I shall not
be deterred, mirages of things only existing in the
mind are too sweet to let go, I shall always

Find a new dream, hitch a new star…

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...