Wednesday, September 15, 2010

A Viable Option

Oh devastation, there goes the blood sugar, plumbing
to the depths of a blood sugar graph for an all-time low
cannot remain upright without strain, sleepiness like a
creeping narcolepsy stealing over me, I feel catatonic
unable to make choices and fight this thing

I have taken all pills available, but as I have confessed
already, the guilt is all mine for overindulging with syrup
and cream, sweetened coffee and waffles that soothe my
spirit, just such a pity the body has to pay the price for all
these offences, I had better run out into the street

And brave the heat to regain some energy or die in peace
sitting here while dying inside is not a viable option…

***************************************************

Aha, had a wholegrain sawdust sandwich masquerading
as chicken mayonnaise and feel better again, ready to
continue the most boring document, given my deep inner
need for noble deeds and grandiloquent speech

Here is where sacrifice for life comes in: In order to remain
a member of Madame La Pompadour’s team, I must be in
my seat typing frantically while looking straight ahead, not
making remarks about the boisterous noise of the

Administrative gang who seems to go into overdrive whenever
something triggers their sense of fun, listening demurely as our
local singer of American spirituals burst into jubilant song, and
I agree, nobody knows the troubles I’ve seen...

*****************************************************

Nope, emergency measures not working, blood sugar plummeting
again - this time I splurge on boiled sweets received after every
illegal meal at the Wimpy, anything is better than this feeling of
falling, though I shall regret this later-on, luckily, we can only
ever experience the here and now and while my present is
better, I shall allow the future to take care of itself…

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...