Wednesday, September 8, 2010

A Bad Sister

It seems to me I should join the D’regs
fighting the Klatchian Foreign League
where Death as Beau Nidle is buried
in a pit of sand up to his neck

I would love to become part of a collection
of cheerfully warlike tribes having lots of fun
fighting everyone, enemies, friends, the Klatchian
Foreign League and mainly themselves

I also have a melting flowing mass that serves as
my consciousness and my brain is set to simmer
all the time, I would love to join a club where axes
are thrown and crossbows fired

In a good-humoured, easy-going way, whenever I
criticise anyone I feel bad, when the corners of their
mouths pull down, I feel like a murderer, while they
happily usurp the right to criticise me all the time

Calling me a bad sister for being alive and breathing,
simply because I am too stupid to anticipate what they
want and only offer service of the wrong kind…


‘Soul Music’ – Terry Pratchett
Corgi Books 1977, Quoted from
Pages 108, 111 and 112

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...