Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Film Stars Like You

Went on a James Bond 007 mission during lunch in the
sizzling sunshine, the clarity and brightness unbelievable,
the sky a most intense blue, tree leaves emerald beauty
among diamonds, felt so pleased to be alive, did not forget
my mission, as I strode with firm James Bond tread, a guy
in a suit wanted to shake my hand, I refused, knowing the
warnings of strange objects concealed in hands

Then he said I only shake hands with film stars like you, and
I knew my James Bond 007 aura was doing its work, recognized
without saying a word, laughed at his improvisation, appreciated
the compliment, the electromagnetic effect of the positive thoughts
changed my appearance, when I looked in the mirror I saw a
different person, all glowing and smiling and though she left
when I sat down at my desk, it is great to know

She is around somewhere to return when no more boring
work is to be done…


Now the yawning phase as a result of my James Bond mission
thought Tonic Water has minimal sugar but now I am so sleepy
cannot keep my eyes open – and oh sadness, learnt that Daan
Retief, the velvety voice of Staal Burger died in 1990, no hope
for a GPS – though enough remarks might be compiled from
the radio episodes, driving with Staal as my guiding light is
the most fun besides reading Terry Pratchett - at home I’ll
sleep a while before tackling my document, tomorrow I’ll
stay on the straight and narrow, must learn to accept
boredom as a way of life…

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...